Experienced Business immigration Attorney
Can I get a Green Card through employment?
These are the BASIC requirements:
- Employee must have an offer for a full-time employment in the U.S., from a U.S. based employer.
- Employee will need to have the qualiﬁcations, education and work experience required for the job.
- No qualified U.S. worker is available or willing to take the job, this is proved by a labor certification (few exceptions are allowed).
There are ﬁve preference categories for employment:
- ES-1 - This is the ﬁrst preference category and is for priority workers. (Extraordinary abilities, university professors, researches, executives transfers)
- EB-2 - This is the second preference category and is for workers for exceptional ability or advanced degrees (advanced university degree or ability in science, art or business)
- EB-3 - This is the third preference category and is for Professional, skilled and unskilled workers
- EB-4 - This is the fourth preference category and is for Religious workers; and various and miscellaneous categories called “special immigrants”
- EB-5 - This is the ﬁfth category and is for individuals willing to invest $1,000,000,000 in a U.S. business, or $500,000 in a rural depressed area. Must create at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers.